QCPD arrests 73 people for health violations after raids on restobars

0

(Philstar.com) – July 11, 2021 – 4:23 p.m.

MANILA, Philippines – Police in Quezon City have arrested 73 people and “rescued” 10 after two inspections at restobars and similar establishments in the city revealed violations of quarantine protocols.

In one-off reports sent to reporters on Sunday afternoon, the Quezon City Police District revealed that the arrests were made during inspections at all of the city’s restobars “to see if they violated government protocols. IATF and other applicable laws “.

The two back-to-back operations took place Thursday night at the Baia Luna KTV Bar located along Timog Avenue in Quezon City, and then later Friday night at Chaparral KTV Ventures Inc. at Quezon Avenue.

“Receipts for violating orders for violating IATF protocols have been issued to clients and workers … workers and customer relations officers have been apprehended,” the police report said.

Police said they had observed “the presence of numerous workers and guests inside said establishment, which constitutes a flagrant violation of IATF protocols.”

Customers, guests, and workers received ordinance violation receipts while owners of both establishments were slapped for violations of Republic law. 11332 or the Act Respecting the Mandatory Reporting of Notifiable Diseases and Health Events of Public Health Concern.

The second operation also found that “the establishment [had] an expired commercial and health permit [and] expired health certificate of their employees.

RELATED: Operation ‘Once is Big’ Kills 3,200 Offenders in Quezon City

The photo collage shows documentary photos of two operations conducted by the Quezon City Police District at the Restobar and KTV facilities in Quezon City.

Quezon City Police District / Liberation

QCPD added that the series of operations was “in accordance with the directions and directives” of the mayor of Quezon City, Joy Belmonte.

“The QCPD has received numerous complaints from concerned citizens that Resto bars in Quezon City are operating,” said the police sergeant. General Antonio Yarra, director of the QCPD, said in a statement.

The district director added that random visits, inspections and surveillance of bars and establishments in the city “will be continuously implemented”.

Previously, the district police had cleared councilor Franz Pumaren of a barangay feeding program organized by the latter which had attracted more than 6,000 residents, claiming that health standards were strictly enforced anyway despite the gathering of mass.

To date, health authorities have identified 1.46 million coronavirus infections in the country, of which 49,968 are still classified as active cases. – Franco Luna

___

Disclosure: Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte is a shareholder of Philstar Global Corp., which operates digital media Philstar.com. This article has been produced according to editorial guidelines.


Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.