Plush restobar destroyed in morning fire, no casualties

A lavish restobar in southwest Bengaluru was destroyed in an accidental fire on Thursday, police said. But there were no casualties because the fire broke out in the morning, well before the establishment opened for the day.

The fire at Cosmo Resto Bar, located on Uttarahalli Main Road, RR Nagar, is believed to have started in the kitchen before spreading to the dining room and elsewhere. Police suspect it was caused by a short circuit.

According to the police, the fire was discovered by an employee when he came to open the doors of the bar around 7:50 am. He was alarmed to see heavy smoke inside and informed the bar manager, Yadav Mangal Singh.

The employee also alerted his colleagues housed on the fourth floor of the building. The group attempted to put out the flames before firefighters arrived on the scene with a water tanker and got to work.

Although the fire spread to the entire ground floor of the building, firefighters responded quickly to prevent it from spreading further.

The fire broke out in the kitchen

A senior officer from the Karnataka State Fire and Emergency Services Department said no casualties were reported in the incident, although furniture, ceiling and electrical wires were ripped open .

The total loss is estimated at Rs 4 lakh. The fire started in the kitchen and then spread to the dining room, he added.

Talk to DHSingh said it was a matter of relief that the fire broke out when the bar hadn’t opened all day.

“Even our employees were on the fourth floor. They tried to put out the fire but it spread quickly. So they all evacuated and the firefighters put out the flames,” he explained.

Comments are closed.